Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

In early May I attended EcoLive, an event in San Francisco that featured Robert Kennedy Jr. as the keynote speaker. I have been aware over the years of his work as an environmental attorney, but I had no idea how intelligent, erudite and charismatic he is. His book, Crimes against Nature, is a MUST read for anyone who wonders what the hell happened with the election process in 2000 and 2004, and who wants to understand just how detrimental the Bush administration has been towards the environment. I HIGHLY recommend it. He would make an excellent Secretary of the Interior or Head of the EPA. I hope when the Democrats finally get the White House again in '08 they'll consider him for one of these posts! The difference Kennedy could make in reversing the damage the current administration has done to the environment, and in helping to form a sustainable mind-set at the highest levels of government, would be incalculable.


No comments: